Mount Ida’s Family Law and Estate Planning Lawyer
John W. Yeargan, Jr., Attorney at Law
In my Mount Ida law practice, I am committed to helping people solve legal problems. My approach is to listen to your needs, clearly explain your legal options, and then help you make informed decisions and attain your goals.
I deliver prompt, personal service and quality, cost-effective legal representation. I’m here to help you. Let me know what I can do for you in matters of family law, estate planning, bankruptcy, criminal defense and more.
My Legal Services
I represent clients in a wide array of legal matters, including the following:
- Family law: Contested and uncontested divorce, child custody, child support, property division, paternity, adoptions
- Estate planning and probate: Wills, will contests, living wills, trusts, representation and counsel in probate, powers of attorney
- Personal bankruptcy: Chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy and Chapter 13 reorganization bankruptcy
- Social Security disability
- Real estate law: Residential and commercial purchases or sales; land use and zoning disputes; deeds; landlord/tenant disputes
- Mortgages and foreclosures
- Criminal law: Defense against misdemeanor and felony charges
- Traffic Violations
- Government agencies and programs
- Health and health care law
- Immigration and naturalization law
- Personal injury: Slander and libel
- State, local and municipal law
- Contracts: Drafting, review and contract-related litigation
- Business organization: LLCs, corporations, partnerships
- Gaming law
- Litigation and appeals
My Goal Is To Help You
My objective as a lawyer is to help my clients overcome the legal obstacles they encounter. To that end, I keep pace with legal training and technology, so I’m prepared to help resolve today’s problems and anticipate tomorrow’s. I’m committed to improving our community and my profession.
My office hours are Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.